Latching with Love has been providing a full range of lactation services since August, 2011 to mothers living in North County, San Diego with evidenced- based lactation support from experienced Registered Nurses (RN) and Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) once discharged from their hospital or birthing center. We apologize for the inconvenience. We are NOT accepting NEW PATIENTS AT THIS TIME.
Latching with Love lactation services will provide optimal care to the mothers, babies, and families of the North County, San Diego area through evidence-based practice, compassionate breastfeeding counseling, and awareness that each family has a unique set of strengths, needs, and goals.
About Wendy (Founder of Latching with Love)
Wendy Colson, RN, IBCLC, is a registered nurse(RN) licensed in the state of California and an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. In addition to consulting with moms in her private practice, she works as a lactation consultant at one of San Diego’s prominent woman’s hospitals, as well as a wife and mom of three healthy breastfed girls (8+ year’s total!). Her goal is to help nursing mothers meet their breastfeeding goals in a compassionate, fun, low-stress environment. She helps nursing mothers reach their personal goals by giving them empowerment, encouragement, and knowledge from researched based clinical breastfeeding advice as opposed to just personal advice. She has over 20 years’ of nursing experience in both the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and post-partum units. She has over 14 years’ experience as an IBCLC and has helped thousands of babies’ breastfeed or receive their mother’s pumped milk while hospitalized.
As a registered nurse, Wendy is respected in the medical community and is referred by San Diego’s obstetricians, certified nurse mid-wives, doulas, pediatricians, Ear Nose Throat physicians (ENTs), family practice physicians, nurse practitioners, and cranial sacral therapists. She collaborates with these physicians and others giving professional advice on diagnosing and treatment of both the mother’s and the baby’s breastfeeding related conditions. She is a patient advocate minimizing the interruption of breastfeeding while under medical treatment. She advises physicians on the safety of prescribed medications while breastfeeding. She has written protocols now in effect at the hospital where she is employed on the safety of breastfeeding and radiology, which has significantly decreased the occurrence of misinformation from her hospital’s emergency room and radiology staff.
She is the Founder and CEO of Boobie Bar, the original lactation bar. To learn more follow link www.getboobiebars.com
- Registered Nurse (RN), California Board of Nursing
- Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), UCSD graduate
- Lactation Educator (CLE), UCSD graduate
- Clinical Coach–Preceptor for lactation consultant students enrolled in the University of California, San Diego program
- Community Health Preceptor for Bachelor of Nursing students(BSN) enrolled at Western Governors University
- Member of International Lactation Consultation Association (ILCA)
- Member of Unites States Lactation Consultation Association (USLCA)
- Member of San Diego Breastfeeding Coalition
- American Heart and CPR certified
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support(NALS)/Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certified